Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I call this post: XY [BGmusic: Burn One Down by Ben Harper]

A continuation of my last post: I just handed over my "magic white bag" to my laundry people awhile ago. When I handed it over, Ate said, "Uy baby, tingnan mo kung sinong nagpapalaba, oh!" Her son, who was sitting inside the van, looked at me, smiled, then looked away quickly. Hay, crush ako ng ten-year-old. Kinikilig ako. As in.

Which brings me to today's topic: boys. I don't usually rant about guys and my oh-so-exciting love life, because I'm perfectly happy with my non-existent one. [Honest! Well, most of the time anyway.] If you want to know why I don't have a boyfriend, you can read this old post. Well, I have nothing else to talk about, and since I am particularly inspired today from my encounter with anak-ng-labandera-ko, I will talk about that.

I was a late bloomer. Well, not really, but back in grade school, I was always considered as one of the boys. The first time a guy ever showed any interest in me was when I was thirteen years old. Someone passed a note to me that said: "Morales, I [*heart*] you." He really had a way with words, I know. I don't know exactly what I did after that, but I recall hitting someone on the head very hard.

After that boy [I honestly forgot his name], other came. Some really cute, some not so cute, and others... not cute at all. Some heartbreakingly sweet, others just... plain ridiculous.

The last sweet thing a guy did for/to me was when this total stranger approached me at the Phi Bar [at my org's concert party]. He tapped my shoulder, and I looked at him smiled, thinking that I knew him from somewhere and just forgot his face. Then he handed me his cellphone. I read what he had entered, and this was what it said [well, something like this anyway]:
Hi, don't get freaked out or anything. I'm just a Fine Arts student with no social skills whatsoever. I just saw you from across the room and couldn't help but approach you. I don't usually do this but I don't want you to be another one of those girls I'll always wonder about. Anyway, I was wondering if you would like to talk over some drinks or something.
I told him I had a boyfriend. Yes, it was a huge lie, but it's true in the sense that ... [overdramatic sigh] ... my heart still belongs to someone else [cue music: My Heart Will Go On].

Then he just ruins the whole thing by giving me his phone, which said, "Okay thanks, I'll go now. Just so you'll know, I'll write a song about you." [Ows?] Aaaaah... So that's why he was so familiar... he was in one of the baaands... and he probably did that phone thing with a hundred other girls a hundred different times [and got shot down a hundred times... bwahahaha]. Anyway, that was one of the worst lines anyone has ever used on me: "I'll write a song about you." Oh, puh-leaze.

Anyway.

All I can say is I can't understand guys. At all. You guys think girls are confusing? Look at the way you guys act! You complain on and on about how lonely you are because you have no girlfriend, and once you get a girlfriend, you get bored. Some of you bitch about it, some of you treat your girlfriends badly so they'll have to dump you, some of you cheat and some of you just drop the girl just like that. Oh, and don't even get me started on the "Pa-asa Kings". Those guys who act all sweet towards this girl, and when the girl starts showing signs of reciprocation, they disappear.

Hehe. Sorry. Di ako galit sa mga lalake, promise. Sa mga iba lang dyan. Nafrufrustrate lang ako. Ahem. I have lots of guy friends who are really nice [sometimes too nice], but I also have some guy friends who are guilty of the aforementioned sins. And I have a brother. So not only do I get to see both sides of the coin, I get to see the miniscule scratches and bits of rust embedded in the etchings.

But yeah, I still don't understand. I don't think I ever will.
Plug: Read Eden's blog. She just started blogging, so give her a warm welcome to the blogosphere! Yey!
Afterthoughts:
  • Walang pasok bukas! Yay!
  • To SMART subscribers: Dial this: *897043. Ang weird. What is it? I mean, I know what it's saying, but what is it?
  • Juice: If you're reading this, what's the password? Heehee.