Sunday, September 17, 2006

I call this post: Timber! [BGmusic: The Professor by Damien Rice]

[Warning: Feeling ko mahaba yung post na ito. Sensya na. At mayabang ako dito. Calla Lily fans... don't read.]


Iskapades with: [L-R] Ann, Karen, and DQ

Typecast. Their album's coming out next week I think.I tell you, last night was so surreal. I sat next to the vocalist of Imago, ate the leftovers of 6 Cycle Mind... but wait, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Last night was the main fundrasing charity event of my org [EcoSoc]. It was a concert party at the Phi bar in Metrowalk entitled Silent Rock. Silent Rock because the beneficiaries of the concert party is the Philippine something [Institute? I'm not sure] for the Deaf.

Anyway, as you can see, I have pictures to guide you along the night. Scroll over to see captions.

I went to Metrowalk with Ann and Kuya Conrad, who we ran into around Galleria. He was going to another concert at Metrowalk so we just took the cab going there. Turns out that The Space Flower Show [they were just called Space Flower before] was going to play in a concert there [not the same concert], so he and some of Space Flower's loyalists went all the way from Baguio to watch them. [They're really good, and they really have the potential to make it big.]

Ciudad. Sans vocalist.During the first part of the show, Ann and I were sitting at this table close to the stage. But towards the second half of the show, Karen let us go into the VIP section, which was super super super weird.

The VIP area was really smokey, but not as crowded as outside, of course. Plus, they had nice seats.

The first people we saw inside were Ciudad [see right, wala yung vocalist sa photo], who were really really reeeeaaaaally nice. [Medyo sintonado lang nga yung vocalist, but what the hey.] The guy in the black shirt was really really cute when he was performing - nakasmile na parang bata tapos sabay bob ng head. Wala lang, ang cute. When they were about to leave, they were all, "Thank you, thank you, it was nice meeting you!" I was all, "Next year ulit ha?" [As if I had any say on the matter. Bwahaha.] Basta, these guys were so nice. ^_^

Oh, here's me and Ann with some guys from Protein Shake [who we didn't actually hear play, because we were outside at the "other concert" watching Space Flower - they're REALLY good].

The guys from Protein Shake were also nice [pero napamahal na ako sa Ciudad boys]. The guy in black [the frontman] asked how we wanted the photo - "Wacky or sweet?" Well, alam naman ninyo na di ako masyadong bagay sa sweet photos. So yan. Crush ni Ann yung nakagrey [who actually offered to take the picture, just so Karen could be in the photo].

Whatshisface from Calla Lily.Oh, and this is us with Whatshisface from Calla Lily. I don't know his name, but I know a lot of you have crushes on this guy, so I'm posting it here for bragging rights. Bwahahaha.

We also didn't hear Calla Lily play. Well, we could hear muffled sounds through the glass wall, but that's it. I personally don't like their sound that much, but hey, that's just me.

Ah, and this is me with Tatsi [UY ALAM KO YUNG PANGALAN!] from Calla Lily. Crush ni Ann, kaya alam ko yung pangalan niya. What can I say about him? Mukhang mahal ang hairstyle niya. Mas mahal pa kaysa hairstyle ko. Nakakaconscious.

I think real rockstars shouldn't give a flying fudge about what they look like.

Example:


I don't think you can see it from here, but specimen no. 1 [Ronnie (?) from Makatha] has the worst teeth I have seen in... a long time. And he looks really drugged. But my gawd, he can perform.

Ann and I with [woah!] Imago. Wala akong masabi sa grupong ito. Ang galing nila. Galing ng frontgirl, bassgirl, guitarman, drumman... galing nila.

Aia totally commanded the crowd. [Pansin ko lang, biglang lumapit lahat ng lalake namin sa stage when Imago was performing... Hmmm...]

I wanted to get a better shot of Myrene [she's so COOL!], but she was always eating pizza or busy talking to Tatsi.


Anyway, buy their album. If you haven't already. I think my brother has their album so I won't bother.



Okay, that's the first half of my post done. That was my "bragging rights" half. I heard the term from Nathan first - he said he was just taking pictures of the bands to post on his multiply and basically make everyone think that he's Mr. Popular - as you can see, I had the same gameplan. When I was talking to Nathan, I was sitting next to this really pretty girl - I thought she was a girlfriend of someone or something, but it turns out that she was Aia from Imago. Was kinda weirded out by that.

Anyhoo. Here's the more "personal" part of my post.

fries6 Cycle Mind performed as well. They performed songs everyone knew, so everyone enjoyed their performance. I didn't get a picture of them [but I have a video], so here's their... er... fries. Actually, it didn't look like this before, but since we figured that they left without touching their fries, we kinda... attacked [we were soooo hungry, and the food at the Phi bar was priced a la inelastic demand]. Only midway through the fries did I realize that - OMG - we're eating the leftovers of 6 Cycle Mind! So syempre may photo.

It was the first time I saw someone so inebriated that she was collapsing all over the place. Celine would have fallen on me if someone wasn't holding her around her waist/shoulders/neck/legs. I have lived a too-sheltered life. She was very entertaining though: "DI AKO LASING! WOOOOOOOH!"

Oh, and I got asked out for some drinks by this guy from one of the opening bands. Told him - nicely, don't worry - I had a boyfriend [that's the nicest way to turn a guy down I think]. But that's a story I will reserve for another day. A day when I can't think of anything else to write about.

ChicosciAh, I forgot Chicosci.

Ann and I got back to the dorm at around 6AM. The concert itself ended at around 2AM, and so we hung around McDonald's at Katipunan for a while. I sang songs, Ann slept most of the time, and Karen talked about how the manager of Makatha asked for her number [uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuy... peace tayo Karen!].

But it was all so very surreal, you know? I wasn't excited at all to get so close to these people, because I just realized that they are... just people. Talented [well, most of them were], yes, but nothing to get all goo-goo eyed over. Something to show off on your multiply/blog, maybe [harhar], but that's it. [Although, yes, I admit I got goo-goo eyed when we got close to that guy from Makatha and Myrene.]

[Calla Lily fans: Di ko sinasabi na poser sila. Well... I didn't phrase it that way, so... ahem... well... PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!]

Oh, Paolo Valenciano's band [oo, anak ni Gary V] performed. They're called Salamin and their album's coming out... soon. Okay lang sila, pero tunog Bamboo talaga. Gayang-gaya ni Paolo si Bamboo. Kahit kilos.

Anyway, the best performers of the night were:
  1. Makatha - I <3-ed their last song, Kubeta. Super aliw.
  2. Narda - Didn't post a photo of them. Took a video though.
  3. Imago - the crowd loved them.
  4. 6 Cycle Mind - naging "sing-along with 6 Cycle Mind" ang party! WOOHOO!