Thursday, February 08, 2007

I call this post: Lessons [BGmusic: This Fragile Breath by Todd Agnew]

I've learned a looot recently [i.e. the past four days]. Magsh-sharing moment muna ako. Ahem ahem ahem.



Lesson 1: Confrontations. Chances are, the person you're confronting will not respond the way you want them to. No matter how polite you are, or how good your intentions are.

Illustration:
1) my most recently "featured blog" [I messaged the owner on friendster and... let me just say that I was a little peeved at her response].
2) ______, who hates me. [The details are too sensitive to be blogged about. Just know that _____ hates me.]



Lesson 2: Pain. Nobody's ever brave enough to bear it. Nobody expects it to come, and when it comes, bearing it is all we can do.

Illustration:
1) In PGH, where I have my CWTS, there was a boy who was crying out in pain from his burns, crying out for someone - anyone - to stop the pain, crying out for his life to end. He was just ten years old. His screams seemed so loud to my ears, and all I could do was wish that I could bear some of his pain.
2) ______, who hates me.



Lesson 3: Tears. Masarap umiyak minsan.


Illustration:
1) Lucky made me cry last Tuesday. [Oo, nagsusumbong ako.]
2) Dahil related naman siya, ______, who hates me.



Lesson 4: Boys. They are disgusting. God, thank you for making me a girl.


Illustration:
1) Narra Residence Hall. The only all-boys [?] dorm on campus. We [some girls from the publicity committee of Ilang-ilang] went there to promote our upcoming open house week, and all they did was hoot, catcall, scream our names, poke fun, ask for our numbers, etc. I know that they're probably very intelligent and that they probably "didn't mean anything by it", but it's never good to have fun at other peoples' expense.



Lesson 5: Attend Corridor Meetings. Kahit na pagod na pagod ka. You'll never know when your whole corridor will gang up on you.

Illustration:
1) May fassion [oo fassion yan] show sa dorm ko sa open house. And guess what? [WHAT?] They voted to make me make landi-landi and model for it. Pwet ng kabayo. Buong high school life ko linalayuan ko yung mga yan, tapos gantoooo?! TRAITORS!



Lesson 6: Showers. I am a dormer, therefore I must take them earlier.

Illustration:
1) I was late for Futsal class. Threw on the first sweater I could get my hands on, which was really dirty. And I didn't even get to play. Thank goodness my English class was cancelled, and I got to go to the dorm and change.



Lesson 7: Forgiveness. Try it, it makes you lighter.

Illustration:
1) I forgive my latest featured blogger for being... difficult to deal with.
2) I forgive _____ for hating me.
3) I forgive JP's parents for letting him fall into the hot springs.
4) I forgive Lucky for provoking my tears in the MOLAVE CANTEEN.
5) I forgive my corridor-mates for their treachery.
6) I forgive the boys from Narra. Even if they are ugly rude, even if they smell funny.
7) I forgive my fellow dormers for taking a thousand years to take their showers.

Labels: , , , ,