Thursday, February 01, 2007

I call this post: I saw your face in a crowded place [BGmusic: Trains to Brazil by Guillemots]

I'm so happy I'm almost in tears. Sa wakas... sa wakas... naayos na connection namin dito sa dorm. I have so much to say yet so much to do - I need to finish writing two scripts, one for Kas1 and one for CCC, but all is well, I CAN DO THIS!

And since I'm dressed like a guy, I will talk about [ta-dah!] BEAUTY! Aaaand... I'll be using my female crushes as my examples. This is going to be fun. [Bwahaha.]



1. Miss Symmetry

My example: Jessica Alba

You all know who I'm talking about here. These are the girls with perfect faces, the ones who look stunning from every single angle imaginable, those who can go out in track suits and still look hot.

For girls like me who weren't blessed with symmetrical faces, these girls are so easy to hate. Most of us take comfort in the thought that they probably aren't as smart as we are. Then the likes of Georgina Wilson come along and "POP!" go our bubbles. Thank you very much for that.

But whatever. Personally, I don't like the Miss Symmetry look. Frankly, it bores me. [I don't even like Jessica Alba, but she was my favorite out of all the Miss Symmetry's I could think of.] Next, please.

In their playlists: Bootylicious, Don't Cha, Beautiful Stranger

Other perfect faces: Angelina Jolie, Elizabeth Hurley, Georgina Wilson, Beyonce



2. The Classic

My Example: Grace Kelly

Just... look at her. And try futilely not to marvel at that face. She doesn't even need to talk. If I were her, I wouldn't even bother talking. I wouldn't bother working, or going to school. I'd just... look beautiful.

Unlike the Miss Symmetry's, the Classics aren't hateable. Yes, they do make one feel very very inferior, but there's a sense of familiarity with these girls, because these are the princesses from our fairy tales, the ones we cheered on as they looked for their princes and got annoyed at for being so stupid and eating that apple/pricking that finger/not giving the prince her phone number before midnight.

Once upon a time, I told myself that I would grow up to be a Classic. But now, I've finally "grown up", and at the ripe old age of 19 [thank you to those of you who greeted me btw :) ], I figured out that elegance is one thing that just won't ever come naturally for me. Heck, I'm not that delusional.

In their playlists: She, The Way You Look Tonight, and of course, the works of Rachmaninoff

Other epitomes of elegance: Audrey Hepburn, Natalie Portman, Maggie Q, Julie Andrews, Nicole Kidman




3. Little Miss Adorable

My example: Audrey Tautou

These girls are, in one word, cute. They're not the kind of women you'd describe as drop-dead gorgeous, but almost everyone would agree that these girls are adorable indeed. Think bunny rabbits and rainbows.

In their playlists: Charmed Life, Daydream Believer

Other cuties: Selphie Tilmitt [from FF8], Rachael Leigh Cook, Drew Barrymore



4. [I love your] Funny Face aka Miss Debatable

My example: Claire Forlani

"Di ko siya type."
"I don't get it. Why do you think she's so pretty?"
"She's beautiful."
"She looks like a man/horse/rabbit/transvestite."
"I don't know, she kind of grows on you."
"I liked her right away. Why don't you see it?"
"SHE'S UGLY!"

Sounds familiar? Yeah, these girls get a lot of flak from people who think they're oh-so-very perfect, but I have to say that I love these girls the best [bakit kaya? ehem ehem]. I mean, if everyone looked like Barbie, the world would be a very boring place. Not that Barbie isn't beautiful, but these girls are just as beautiful in their own right. Ooh! Let me quote Gershwin.
I love your funny face
Your sunny, funny face.
For you're a cutie with more than beauty
You've got a lot of per-son-a-li-ty N.T.
You fill the air with smiles
For miles and miles and miles.
Though you're no Queen of Sheba,
For worlds I'd not replace
Your sunny, funny face.
In their playlists: Beautiful, Girl Next Door, Funny Face

Other debate topics: Jennifer Garner, the Mona Lisa, Zhang Ziyi



Where does DQ categorize herself? Hmmm... hindi talaga obvious... I wonderrr... [he he he]

But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some of you may categorize the girls I mentioned into other groups.

But anyway, all this is just to prepare you for the moral of my story, which is...

I'M BEAUTIFUL! KAHIT NA NAPAKA-HAGGARD AKO AT MUKHA AKONG LALAKE NGAYOOOON!!! WOOHOO!

Walang aangal. Bangasan ko kayo diyan eh.

Labels: , ,