Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I call this post: Goodbye Blue Sky [BGmusic: nothing. Tulog na roommate ko.]

I would have posted earlier but it looks like I'm only able to access Blogger after 12MN. Which is very good for me [huhu], since I haven't been able to get a decent night's sleep in three days. But I'm not complaining [oh, no]. I can't sleep now anyway since I just took a shower.

Todaynight, allow me to act like the teenager that I am. I will blog about *sigh* crushes, in celebration of my crush taking notice of me and actually talking to me awhile ago in my futsal class. I think he thought that I was giving him the cold shoulder: after he talked to me, all I could say was "okay", because I really didn't know what else to say. Wonderful.

[Start internal dialogue] Siguro akala niya suplada ako. Siguro iniisip niya, "Sayang, cute sana siya, kaso lang masungit." WAAAAAHHHHH! WHY MUST I BE SO SOCIALLY INEPT?! WHYYY?!?! [/End internal dialogue]

Just to let you know, I haven't had a good serious crush since I was in high school, where I was obsessed with this one guy we shall "hide" [kasi alam naman ng buong class ko nung high school yung crush ko] under the code name Pencil Head, kasi flat top yung hair niya nung second year - mukhang unsharpened pencil. Because of his hairdo, I thought I was the only girl who would take notice of him. But then fourth year came, and he got his hair cut into a normal hairstyle. Girls took notice. They didn't know that I saw him first. And off went Pencil Head with his first girlfriend. And I broke the doll I made in his likeness [yes, I made an actual Pencil Head doll to "accompany me" during classes - it sounds scary now, and yes, now that I think back, my behavior was very frightening].

I used to follow him around high school, picking up the plastic cup he drank from, holding it to my chest, and sighing. But I always knew that we couldn't be together - I didn't like his last name. Hehe.

Oh, and he actually found out that I had a crush on him. Not [only] because I was following him around like a puppy dog oh-so-subtly, but because someone *ehem ehem* decided that it was a great idea to just tell him [actually she yelled the sentence] about my obsession. So a lot of people found out. [Duh.] Oh, and the horrible thing is, I think one of his friends had a crush on me. So that was a little awkward. Moral of the story: Don't tell your whole class who you're obsessed with.

Anyway, my crushes right now are nowhere near as intense as the obsession I had with Pencil Head. Now I just admire them from afar [parang stalker lang eh], and during the rare instances when they give me attention, I act like the fool that I am. Dalawa lang sila ngayon.
  1. My.Hero - Yes, that is his codename, just because I said so. I won't tell you guys how I met this person, because [certain people] who know him read my blog and may very well blab. Anyway, he's no pretty boy [direct to the point talaga eh]. And that's a pattern I've been seeing in my recent crushes - they aren't pretty boys anymore. I'm over that stage. Now I'm beginning to like people for "who they are". [And if you believe that, you'll believe anything. IT'S TRUE!]
    Why I like him: He's so... nice. And I didn't expect him to be that nice, since he really doesn't look like the type. He's musical, artistic, and most of all... weird. [Weird is good for DQ.] Oh, and I think I'm the only girl who has a crush on him. Which is good. I hate sharing inspiration.

    DQ's Smooth Moves in Action:
    DQ: Bye, _____!
    My.Hero: Bye! Ingat ka, ha!
    DQ: [starts hyperventilating, stops walking, stands panicking for around 5 seconds] ...IkawdinbyeseeyouaroundIgottago! [Runs away]
  2. Classmate.ko.sa.Futsal - Yan ang codename niya, dahil classmate ko siya sa futsal [huwaw!]. Pretty boy siya, compared to my most recent crushes [like I said above, I'm over the pretty boy stage]. We introduced ourselves not in class, but in his org's tambayan in CBA [long story]. We acknowledge each other in class, but we don't really talk. [And awhile ago he tried to strike up a conversation and... I blew it... wonderful, just terrific.]
    Why I like him: He's also... nice. And funny. [I'm sorry, when I'm talking about my crushes, "nice" is the only adjective I can come up with. If I say any more I start gushing and it gets really sickening. You don't want to meet me during one of my gushing sessions, it's a little too much for those with weak stomachs.]

    DQ's Smooth Moves in Action: Yung kanina. T_T
Anyway, what is my point in all of this?

Um... I don't know.

Let's find one. Ah yes. I haven't been obsessed over a guy since high school because I have stopped putting guys on pedestals. [They don't belong there, I do. Kidding.] And the crushes I have now are sorry excuses for crushes, because they're more like... guys I really want to be friends with. Not guys I want to get for my boyfriend [although that has never really been my goal]. I feel more drawn to certain boys not because of the way they look, but because I feel an affinity with some of them, almost like sensing a kindred spirit somewhere in there.

For example, with My.Hero... he's different. Different in the same way that I am different. [And if that sentence makes sense to you... you are also different in the same way that I am different - congratulations.] And Classmate.ko.sa.Futsal and I have the same sense of humor, plus he's no snob, which is refreshing from a guy like him.

Guys like them are [sometimes] the reason why I get out of bed and go to school. So because of my crushes, my funding from the Filipino taxpayer isn't all in vain. Mabuhay ang aking mga inspirasyon.



Pahabol: To those people who seem very excited for me to turn 19... I'm obviously not as excited as you [me hates birthdays]. And Friday pa yung birthday ko! I'm still 18! STILL 18!!! STOP GREETING ME! You guys are freaking me out! [Danger Ahead: nervous breakdown.]

Labels: , , ,