Monday, December 11, 2006

I call this post: Invisible [BGmusic: Soul Meets Body by Death Cab for Cutie]

I'm sick, and I'm going to attend only one of my classes. I wasn't planning on being absent; I must have slept through my alarm, because when I woke up it was already 9AM. I was going to take a quick shower and still go to my Eng11 and Kas1 classes, but - freaking heck - my head hurt, my stomach hurt, my nose was running, I was sneezing every two seconds, and coughing like there was no tomorrow. Plus, last night I had a fever. [Just trying to prove that I didn't skip my classes for just nothing.]



hap.pi.ness [hap-ee-nes] Pronunciation Key
1.the quality or state of being happy.
2.good fortune; pleasure; contentment; joy
Someone once said that stupidity, selfishness, and good health are three requirements for happiness, and although I don't totally agree with the statement, I have to admit that stupidity does play a huge role in my seratonin generation. Okay, let me rephrase that. Not stupidity, but total abandon of pretentions [what a way to rephrase - hehe].

Happiness. Who truly understands how the emotion really works? They teach in your Biology classes that it's just seratonin. In my case, it's crayons and sunshine. Ann gave me a box of 64 crayons [the one with the built-in sharpener] for my barkada's little exchange gift thing. I don't know what it is about crayons that makes me happy. Perhaps its sheer simplicity does the trick.

My happiness flourishes with the little things - having a classmate I hardly know wave at me in the hallway, having my professor remember my name, drinking a cup of really good coffee [outside Starbucks - the place makes me feel guilty, talk about social injustice], having a great conversation, dancing alone in my room [or just in my head], etc. Thank goodness for the little things. Without them, our lives would probably just revolve around the crises we are faced with day after day after day.

So, here's to the little things. Here's to the smell of freshly-cut grass, to kittens, to puppies, to bubble wrap, to chocolate-flavored toothpaste, to cute panties, to bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens.

*sneeze*



And now, for some "interactive fun":

What's your simple pleasure?

Labels: