Friday, November 24, 2006

I call this post: Oh where oh where can my Gilbert be? [BGmusic: She Moves in Her Own Way by The Kooks]

Note: To my male readers... gushing about guys ahead. You have been forewarned.

I was going to post yet another not-so-comprehensive study, but the song playing right now inspired me to write about something completely different.

Anyway, who the heck is Gilbert, I hear you ask? My uncle's name is Gilbert. Haha, but he's not who I'm talking about.

If any of you have read the Anne of Green Gables books, you'd know who I was talking about. Basically, Gilbert is Anne's special someone, and... basta! [Gilbert affects me so much, he makes my vocabulary shrink.] Gah, every time I think about Anne's Gilbert, I suddenly turn into this illiterate... little... twitterpated... Bambi-eyed... turd. All I can say is, kahit na hindi ako masyado nagagandahan sa pangalan na Gilbert, whenever I think of Anne's Gilbert, I'm like, "Haaaaay...." In other words, Gilbert sweeps me off my feet.

Why the heck am I blabbing about this, I hear you ask? Well, since so many of you seemed to be interested in my love life. And since I can't blog about that right now, here's the guys I love. Pardon me, fictional guys I love.

So here they are, the fictional [how I wish they weren't] guys I love and why I love them:



5. Zell Dincht

"Booya!" [He really has a way with words, my Zell does.]

The only reason why Zell's number five is because he doesn't appear much in the game [Final Fantasy VIII, for those of you who don't play], and because of that, I don't know much about this guy.

He's like that boy you just like staring at, knowing that you will never know more about him. I know what he likes to do in his spare time, and what he likes eating, but me and Zell haven't really communicated, so I don't know what makes him tick.

But he's funny, and he doesn't even try to be. Maybe more than a little hot-tempered, but he can work on that.

Squaresoft should make a Final Fantasy VIII-2. And Zell should be the main character. There will be a new character. Zell will fall in love with her and we'll see his "other side". The girl will go by the name of Donya Quixote, warrior princess.



4. Westley

"As you wish."

[Of A Princess Bride. I watched the movie just last week. Apparentely, there's also a book, but the movie was good enough for me.]

He grew up with Buttercup, was tormented by her, and instead of hating her, he fell in love for her. Every time he said, "As you wish" [and he always said that and did what she asked, uto-uto kasi], he was actually saying, "I love you." *insert squeal here*

He goes off and promises to Buttercup that he'll be back. But upon receiving news of his death, Buttercup gets engaged to Prince... whatshisface.

However... *tan-tan-nannn!!!* he's not dead!

Buttercup gets kidnapped, and who rescues her? Who? Not her fiance, but this mysterious masked man. [We all know who he is, of course.] He follows her. He scales cliff walls. He duels with giants and Spanish swordfighters. He endures torture and paralysis all for Buttercup.

I like him because I love the idea of being "rescued" and "protected". While, according to Cornershop, every man needs a bosom to lean on, all we girls need is a knight in shining armor.



3. Mr. (Fitzwilliam) Darcy

"You have bewitched me body and soul and I love, I love, I love you."

[Of Pride and Prejudice. I haven't read the book. I'm not a classic-friendly person. I tried reading Great Expectations and gave up somewhere in Chapter Five I think.]

Anyway, I watched the movie... and [surprise, surprise] discovered that indeed, Mr. Darcy is so... mmph. I can't find the right word to describe him. He's so complex - you think you know him but you don't. Andami niyang layers. [Like ogres! Like onions! ...Okay never mind.] He's cool and annoyingly confident, but whenever Lizzie's around, he can barely function [can anyone say adorable?]. And my gosh, the things he did for her... *insert girly squeal here*

Pahabol: The actor who plays him in the 2005 movie was pretty cute. Disgusting hair, but that's the 1800's for you. Oh, and Colin Firth was GREAT as Mr. Darcy as well.



2. Linus Larrabee

Linus: "How do you say: My sister has a yellow pencil?"
Sabrina: "Ma soeur a une crayon jaune."
Linus: "How do you say: My brother has a lovely girl?"
Sabrina: [silence]
Linus: "How do you say: I wish I were my brother?"

"What?! Humphrey Bogart? You have got to be kidding." - someone told me this when she found out that I had a crush on his character in Sabrina. Yeah, he's not my idea of a hot actor, but the character he plays is... almost perfect.

I'm afraid that I'm going to ruin the story for those of you who haven't watched Sabrina. Basically, Sabrina has been in love with David Larrabee all her life [and he falls in love with her after her "makeover"]. The problem is, David's engaged. Not just to anyone, but to the heiress of the sugar plantation empire. And Linus needs a lot of sugar for his new product.

So Linus woos Sabrina, to take her out of the picture. But he falls in love. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Note: I prefer the older version to the Harrison Ford movie. Harrison Ford disturbs me, I don't know why. Probably because he breathes heavily. During the quiet scenes in the movie, you can hear him inhaling... exhaling... inhaling... basta, disturbing siya.



1. Gilbert Blythe

"I've loved you ever since that day you broke your slate over my head in school."

It's Gilbert!

Aaaaah!

I haven't watched the series [where the picture's from], but I read the books.

And...

Oh, just read the books. If you don't want to buy copies, you can read it online.



That's it. Sorry about that. I just had to find an outlet for all the yucky gooey mush.

Okay, here's some "interactive fun":

Who are the [top five, if you like] fictional characters you lurve, and huway?

Labels: , ,