Monday, May 21, 2007

I call this post: Revenge of the Attention Seekers [BGmusic: Perfect Day by Lou Reed]

1 (or more) non-killjoy friend(s)
+ 1 pair of bunny ears from Toy Kingdom each
+ hundreds of pairs of ogling eyes
+ 1 (or more) uncrowded mall(s)
+ window shopping
= PURE UNADULTERATED FUN.

Nyihihi.

I was having a really good hair day awhile ago. Which doesn't happen much. [To be more accurate, I have a good hair day around once every three months.] So ang saya ko. Feeling ko ang ganda-ganda ko. *flips hair* Kahit na ang init-init, hala, lugay pa rin. It was one of those days when you wish yout crushes [or in my case, just crush] would somehow materialize in front of you [and of course they never do].

And then...

It rained. No umbrella in sight, my only protection a cloth jacket, I attempted to protect my perfect hair, all to no avail. Nagmukha akong basa na sisiw. I love getting wet in the rain, don't get me wrong, but my hair! My haaaair!!!

Anyway, me and Ann were going to check out that new mall that opened across SM North, Trinoma, but because of the rain, Trinoma's power switched off, at dahil bulok sila, di pa ayos ang generator, so the whole place was in total darkness. Imagine how pissed off the people watching movies were.

So we went to SM and watched Shrek 3, which was cute, even though I liked the second one better. Then we went to Toy Kingdom, squealed over the Barbie dolls [etc] and saw the bunny ears, decided to wear them just for laughs [I wanted cat ears but couldn't find any]. We weren't trying to attract any attention, actually, I just thought they were adorable, didn't really think that people would find them that weird, but it turns out that they did. I guess that's how it works - deviate just a little from the norm and you're suddenly a public spectacle.

We made people stop at their tracks. Strangers let go of their pretensions and smiled at us as if they knew us. Kids pointed. And, HECK YEAH, it was fun. Not humiliating at all, kasi cute naman kami. Harharhar.

Tried on a cute dress, put on some tester makeup, attempted to venture into the arcade pero andaming jologs kaya wag nalang...

Basta, fun.

Life is too important to take seriously. So true.

Labels: ,