Friday, March 09, 2007

I call this post: Bida ng Teleserye. [BGmusic: I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers]
Did you know?
That I wasn't planning on blogging until next weekend, but due to all this pent up... emotion, here I am. I'm sorry for being a teeny-weeny bit angsty on my back-from-hiatus post, but that's precisely why I needed to blog anyway.

Drama. Everybody needs a little bit of it in their lives. Makes us feel important. Makes us feel like we're some kind of protagonist in a badly written noontime teleserye. Admit it, we all love a good cry; more often than not, we welcome the catharsis brought along by wallowing in self-pity with open arms.

But being a drama queen/a Chris Carraba photocopy is tiring. Not necessarily for the drama queen/Chris Carraba xerox, but for the people around the drama queen/Chris Carraba xerox. [By the way, this is addressed to... no-one in particular.] Yes, so you think your life sucks. So you've been hurt. And you think no-one has been as hurt as you have. They don't understand. No-one could understand.

Well, let me tell you one thing, all of us have our sob stories. All of us have had our share of tears, and all of us have our problems. Just because we choose to put a smile on our face and walk upright doesn't mean that our life has been perfect. There is no such thing as a drama-free life. We all star in our own little interwoven teleseryes.

And please get this in your head: the world is not against you. And while you've been so preoccupied with your problems, have you even stopped to think about those people around you - the ones who [believe it or not] have problems of their own, problems you didn't listen to because you couldn't take a second to stop and think about someone other than yourself, problems that werent "as bad" as the problems you've experienced?

[inhale]

Change topic. Before I get carried away. Onto my next rant.

[inhale]

More drama. But this time I'm talking about my teleserye. Finally, after a year, I have finally gotten something that looks very much like closure. [Closure? Ha? What?] Yeah, well. GAH. I might as well talk about it, since it's a pretty well known fact to everyone I know anyway. Last year was a very fast-paced, confusing year for me. I was launched from the comfort of home into my first dormitory experience, and on top of that, it was coed. One thing led to another, and if you use your imagination, I'm sure that you get the picture. Hindi po kami naging anything, like most of you know, NBSB ako, but it was... something din. GRAH. Anyway, after I let myself go for far too long, I got myself together and ended... whatever it was. Anyway, my friend talked to him, he talked to her, told me he needed to talk to me, changed his mind, made my friend relay what he had to say to me, and now... I have to digest all of this and somehow learn to construct sentences with less commas.

[inhale]

More drama. Papers. My Econ102 one in particular. I have to say this: I know I don't belong in Econ. But I'm not going to shift. I've been reading a little bit about David [as in King David of Israel], and he had a thing or two to teach me. When he was anointed by Samuel and he found out that he was going to be King of Israel, what did he do? Did he storm the palace gates to pry the crown from Saul's fingers? No. He went back to his fields, and tended to his sheep like he always had. God didn't mean for David to be a shepherd forever, but I believe that God placed David in care for those sheep for a reason - to teach him how to lead by caring for the frailest of creatures. Now, I'm not saying that I'm suddenly going to be queen of the first Philippine monarchy, but I believe that God does have bigger plans for me, and right now, maybe studying Econ could be a small but vital part of the big picture, and more importantly, a way to show the world God's glory.

And like my dad always says, college just sharpens the mind, and does not necessarily dictate your future. Econ, I give you permission to go ahead and sharpen my mind. [Yuck, fifteen pages of market analysis. Yuck. Er... I mean... Aja! Aja! Fighting!]

[inhales]

PAHABOL: Even more drama. My dad's finally resigning from the AFP. He's planning on being a full-time missionary for ISOT [International School of Theology], which is in Quezon City. Meaning, we're going to leave Baguio for good. This May. It's great, actually, because Papa has wanted this for so long, but there are so many things that I will have to say goodbye to, and so many things I will have to adapt to, and to make the long story short, it's depressing me like crazy [to illustrate, I spent the whole morning lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling, listening to 500 Miles over and over again]. Why?
  • I've lived in Baguio almost all my life. Baguio=Home. It's a beautiful place to grow up in, and a place that I've always loved coming back to.
  • I still want to dorm, but I don't know if Ilang-ilang will still have me if I have a perfectly good residence in not only the NCR, but in QC.
  • If I stop dorming, will I drift away from my friends? All of my close friends here in UP are my dorm friends. I don't want to end up like ____ and ____ and ____, who drifted away because... yun. Oh dear, oh dear I think I'm about to cry.
  • And of course there's my friends in Baguio. I hardly ever see them now that I'm dorming, what more if I actually lived in Manila?
  • What about our dogs?
  • My history is in Baguio. She's my city. I know her. She knows me. You know that song Under the Bridge by Red Hot? That's me and Baguio's song. Quezon City - no - Metro Manila is a bore. It's too big, and I don't think I can ever connect with it. [But then again, I said the same thing about dorming, and look how I ended up loving it.]
  • I've moved homes too many times. I want to just stay in one place for a change.
[inhales]

Okay that's enough ranting for now. I'll be back in about week, after my papers are done. Next time I'll try to be more entertaining. Oh, and sorry if I haven't been bloghopping. You can smell the finals in the air, and the scent is telling me to spend less time on the internet and more time glued to my powerpoint presentations and textbooks. Wonderful, I know. I wish my sense of smell wasn't so acutely sensitive.
On the new template: yeah, it's not funky anymore, but I wanted something really clean for a change. Oh, and if the girl resembles me, it's because it's supposed to be me - my oh-so-very talented sister drew a caricature of me, and voila. I colored the chucks orange, just to make it more... me.

Labels: , , , ,