Friday, March 30, 2007

I call this post: Done. [BGmusic: Something Beautiful by Jars of Clay]


What my room looked like last night. [Packing up - I didn't know I had so much clothes]

Shame on me for worrying.

See, my prof, Ma'am Ho, got her secretary to call me for a consultation. I thought this was just procedure, to get our grades maybe [?], but after I found out that I was the only one called, I was a teeny-weeny bit worried. Then, my partner for the group paper texted, asking me if I had been "summoned". I said I had, and he said he thought it was about our paper - did I plagiarize any of it? It's a wonder my jaw didn't unhinge itself and drop itself on the floor. Me? Plagiarize? No freaking way! So I spent the whole afternoon yesterday feeling sorry for myself because I didn't know what I was going to do, and how I was going to defend mysef for something I couldn't possibly do.

The consultation was this morning, and Ma'am Ho confirmed our fears: there was something about the paper that she needed to talk to us about. And, she needed to talk to us... alone. My groupmate was first. I was waiting outside for around thirty-five minutes, thinking up different "happy" endings to this story. [Most of them involving my groupmate pulling out a gun and going berserk, and killing everyone in Econ. Everyone except me. I'd go crazy, and spend the rest of my life in a mental institute strapped to a chair, talking to myself.]

Then it was my turn.

The first thing Ma'am said was that the paper was very good. So good, in fact, that it led her to wonder why we hadn't performed as well in our exams [in other words, our exams probably sucked]. All she needed was for me to explain how we wrote it, who wrote what, etc. I nearly laughed out loud right then and there. I nearly stood up on my chair and yelled a whooping "Hallelujah!"

But I didn't. That would be too weird, even for me.

I just nodded, smiled, and explained how we came up with it.

She ended our meeting with, "Okay, looks like you really wrote it. I'm going to give you a grade of __."

Turns out we had the best paper in the class. Yet another moment when I almost completely lost it.

How the two most delinquent pupils of Econ102 managed to write the best paper in the class was beyond Ma'am Ho, and is beyond me. This is all God, flexing his muscles yet again for me. Oh me of little faith.

I must have looked like such a fool when I was walking from her office - my face looked a little like this: %-) . And after I got past the Econ walkway, that's when I lost it. I jumped, punched the air, wiggled my arse, pulled a calf muscle, and basically lost the little composure I had left - Let them stare. I'm rejoicing here.



Baguio! You better be ready for me! I'm coming tomorrow!

Labels: