Thursday, November 02, 2006

I call this post: Howdilly-doodilly! [BGmusic: ewan ko ba kung anong kanta ito.]

Ladies and jellybeans, I give you... a real post. Not one of those annoying filler-type posts I've been giving you. [You missed me, admit it now. Hehe.] Like I said before, the connection at home's dialup and thus, very slow. Right now I'm at an internet cafe, so here I am posting again. I have loads to talk about, but I won't go over them all in one post lest the whole thing would end up like a novel.




Awhile ago I was sitting in our van outside the commissary [that's like a grocery/supply store in military bases], all spaced out as usual and contemplating on the beauty of peeling green paint on the doorposts, when a cadet suddenly appeared in the doorway. I don't usually give cadets any attention, but this one was different. Why? Freaking heck, I grew up with this one!

It was Mark A, and basically we went to preschool together, played together [he was always Red/Green/White Ranger - always the leader, and naturally, I was the Pink Ranger], walked in on each other half-naked, made each other cry, hit each other, etc. There was even one point when I thought he was my best friend, but best friends don't suddenly stop talking to you one day without any explanations. Oh, and best friends don't badmouth your parents and glare at you whenever you see each other.

So that friendship went down the drain. Whatever, I was like six anyway so I got over it in a week.

Anyway it was weird to see him again after so long. His family moved out of PMA a couple of years ago due to some... complications with his dad's job, so I didn't see him as much as I did. He looked a whole lot different - his hair, as you can imagine, was cropped short so he resembled a pencil eraser. He also looked a whole lot older. That uniform can do wonders for men. Those little boys you used to pummel suddenly look very proper and un-pummelable. If there is such a word.

I never thought that he would join the military. For one thing, he was is short. I always thought that he wouldn't make it past the height requirement. Hehehe. And in military families, the ones more susceptible to joining would be those warfreak-type children who grow up immersed in books about artillery and playing games like medal of honor and the like. But Mark played the violin and took ballet lessons until... has he stopped taking ballet lessons?

People are weird. Who knows what goes on in their demented heads? You think you know someone and then they suddenly act totally out of character. I thought he was planning on studying in Ateneo. Or UP. He gave me post-exam jitters after the UPCAT because he said it was too easy and that it was right-minus-wrong [basically he was telling me that I had no chance, because I shaded "C" for every answer I didn't know].

Oh, and here's something totally out of the topic, but in a little way it's related as well - a friend made a testimonial for me and told me that people have been saying that I resemble Paris Hilton.

Again, people are weird.