Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I call this post: Breaktime [BGmusic: One Thousand Kisses - Rent (Movie Cast)]

Finally, I've been able to get myself three more units. So this semester I have *drum roll* nineteen units. Not including PE and CWTS. It may not seem like much to non-UPians, but I swear that's already enough to make most students wish they were never born.

Anyway, wala pa yung stress [meron, pero hindi yung lose-sleep-over-it stress], but I know that it'll come. So far my subjects have been good. The scariest subject I have is German10 [Herr Manarpaac ist erschrekender.]. I picked German instead of French because my sister speaks French already and I thought German pronouncation was easier than French. But then I tried saying Volkswirtschaftslehre [gudlak], and realized that if I wanted it easy, I should have taken Japanese or Spanish.

And the subject I'm most likely to get a low grade in is Bio1. The whole thing just bores me, and when I'm bored, the chances are, I'm not going to work.

*enter triumphant music* But I have a plan for this sem. This sem will be better than before. I will be a better person this sem [naks!]. Here's my new sem resolution:
  1. I will not skip classes just because I feel like it. My parents paid for my tuition. The country paid for my tuition. I have to give them their money's worth and actually attend my classes.
  2. I will limit my time online. I still have to work out how much time I actually need to be online before I make any plans.
  3. I will not fall asleep in class and actually listen to what the professor's saying. This is going to be really hard. But I'll try. I'll start by trying to sleep by midnight, instead of 2 or 3am.
  4. I will not skip meals. A hungry student is a student without focus. And a student who blows all her money on isaw. Not good.
  5. [continuation of number 4] I will not spend all my money on isaw and junk food.
  6. I will be [eep!] friendly. I will try my best to get over my introverted tendencies and just go out there and socialize. [Hay.]
  7. I will share my faith with at least one person per week. Kaya ito!
  8. I will not slack off. I will study, even though there aren't any upcoming exams, and I will read the prescribed readings and read ahead. [Eek.]
It may seem a little ambitious, but you know what they say... Aim for the roof and you fall on the floor, aim for the sky and you fall on the roof. Kaya ito.