Monday, September 04, 2006

I call this post: To drop or not to drop (BGmusic: If Ya Getting Down by 5ive - don't ask)

Haha. As if I have a choice. I will drop. I just don't want to go to class right now to get the job done just yet. Di ko pa rin matanggap kasi eh. Anyway, Thursday nalang ako magdodrop. Woohoo.

Awhile ago I had an exam in Marine Science 1. Exam ha. Hindi quiz. Exam. Pero hindi ako nag-aral. I totally forgot that our exam was today. How was it? Thankfully, it was easy. Thankfully, I understood the lessons because the class is one of the few where I actually enjoy myself. Kaya, puro stock knowledge from my lectures yung ginamit ko. Feeling ko kung nag-aral ako ganun pa rin yung score ko. So okay lang actually. But man, I nearly had a heart attack when I entered the room and saw my classmates huddled over their answer sheets. [Moral of the story: don't forget exam dates. They are very important.]

Parang ang bilis ng weekend noh?

At ang bagal ng week.

Hay.

The last weekend was fun. I fed streetkids, watched Devil wears Prada, went to church, ate at Mang Jimmy's [for the first time! WOOHOO!], watched videos, studied a little, and most importantly, slept a lot.
MOVIE REVIEW: DEVIL WEARS PRADA

I didn't really want to watch this movie because frankly, the book sucked ass. I don't understand why it was so successful. The characters were so... characterless, the plot dragged along, and the writing was a la Sweet Valley High. But I'm not reviewing the book, so let's concentrate on the movie, shall we?

Anyway, I watched it with Ate Rory and Ann in Megamall. Ate Ror wanted to watch American Dreamz, but apparentely, the only cinemas showing that are in Angeles and Davao, so good luck nalang sa amin, di ba?

Anyhoo, it had Meryl Streep, so I knew that it had to be a little better than the book. And I wasn't disappointed. The movie was very well-made [and Meryl Streep was WONDERFUL, as I expected]. The story was changed a little to make the characters more interesting, which was probably a much needed tweak, because the characters in the book were irritatingly flat.

Anyway, if all else fails, watch the movie for the clothes. The clothes are divine. After you watch it, look at the contents of your wardrobe, and I bet your reaction would be like mine: "Man, my clothes suck."

I give it: FOUR SMILIES!
I think I'm going to like Mondays and Thursdays now that Econ102 is gone. [Always look at the bright side of life... tunun - tununun - tunun!]



I saw this story in CNN.com. Shocking, really. My brother and I used to mimic the guy all the time.

And I will not stop. I will keep saying, "Crikey! Look at the soiz of that theng!" to keep the memory alive.

The Crocodile Hunter will be very missed by this fan.