Monday, September 18, 2006

I call this post: Retching [BGmusic: Come Around by Marc Broussard]

I wasn't supposed to post today because I'm really sick. But you can't keep me away from my blog. And besides, my laptop's right next to my bed, so whenever I need to lie down all I need to do is take a few steps to the right. And if I feel like vomiting, the bathroom's right next door. [Ah, I love the location of my room.]

The first thing I saw when I woke up was this girl, still fresh from the shower and wrapped in a yellow and white stripey towel. She was poking my knee, telling me to wake up. I thought I was dreaming - heck, there was an indecently dressed [?] stranger in my room, and her hair was still dripping. That's not normal, right?

But it turns out that she was real.

It took me a couple of seconds to process what she was saying [if I could get 50 pesos for every time I said, "Ha?", I'd be... richer]. Turns out that Ann wasn't feeling well, and girl-in-towel was her roommate, and girl-in-towel needed to go to class so girl-in-towel couldn't keep an eye on her. So I went to Ann's room upstairs. I was still in my pajamas, and when I got there Ann had her head over a pail. She asked me to bring me to the infirmary so I quickly changed, and groggily led her outside. We must have looked like a couple of zombies - she was leaning on me because she was really dizzy, and I was just bangag because I just woke up. Anyway, I got her a cab even though the infirmary's only two buildings away. [We only paid P30. Walang nadagdag sa metro.]

When we got to the emergency room they asked her the normal questions. Turns out that she hadn't eaten anything, and before you could say Peripheral labyrinthine, I was buying her some Magic Flakes from the Coop. After I gave her the crackers, I went back to the dorm because I needed to go to class.

That's when my stomach started rebelling.

It fudging HURT. It didn't feel like hyperacidity, it was more like super-mega-ultraelectromagnetic-acidity. I thought it was hyperacidity at first, but I ate dinner last night and it was only 7:30 in the morning. It wasn't like I was starving myself or anything. So I took a shower [in extreme pain - it's VERY hard], but after changing into my clothes, I couldn't take it anymore. I found myself on my bed, rendered completely useless from the pain.

Oh, it doesn't hurt anymore. Just to let you know.

But I vomited for the first time in ages. Not a lot. It was just like baby barf... like... a bubble of yellow goo. [Ooh, was that a little too graphic for you?] I didn't have load, so I IMed my mom to call me. My parents checked up on me SEVERAL times, sending my sister over, even this woman I barely even knew [it seems like my mom had been calling every single person she knew in the vicinity] to check up on me. They were worried that I might have had appendicitis:
Me: "Huh? So what if I have appendicitis?"
My sister: "You could die."
Me: "...Oh."
No, I don't have appendicitis. I didn't have shooting pains in my right side [I had shooting pains all over my abdomen, not just the right side], and I can still feel my feet.

Anyway.

I don't have a point.

I just wanted to tell you all how my day started.

[Sugary sweet voice:] How was your morning?