Monday, September 11, 2006

I call this post: My 9/11 (BGmusic: Broken by Jack Johnson)

Here's Karen's campaign material [She's running for PRO - OBVIOUSLY - in our org]. I just finished it awhile ago. Just super proud with it her. Hope she wins.

Anyway, today's my roommate's birthday. She's eighteen today. We bought her a cake and gave it to her last night at midnight. The funny thing was, she was already given a cake earlier that afternoon, so we ended up having to eat TWO whole cakes.

She won't be having a debut. None of my friends decided to have a debut. Grrr. I want to go to a debut. And enjoy it. I've only been to one real debut, and it was for this girl I barely even knew.

Okay, so it's not like I had a debut when I turned eighteen. I don't really like gatherings when they're thrown on my behalf. It feels weird - all those people I barely know looking at me and shaking my hand and making me extremely uncomfortable with their high-pitched compliments and "catching up". But my eighteenth birthday was perfect anyway. If you want to read about what happened, just click here.

Today was a great day. Why? I just got to sit back and relax today. And I still managed to be productive: I finished my take home exam for FA28, and the campaign material.

But even though it was a very wonderful day, I couldn't help but feel that it could have been better. I just miss some people. I just want to sit down and talk with some of them, but it would be just too weird, and in some cases, impossible. If only things were really simple and I could just plop down beside them and carry on from where we left off, everything would be great. But yeah, this is the real world and things aren't that simple.

I emailed Nadia awhile ago [Jessie's sister] awhile ago. I don't know why it took me so long to respond to her letter. I just didn't want to face it I guess. And I didn't know what to say. But I knew that I couldn't keep putting it off, so I emailed her.

And... yeah... well...

Have nothing more to say.