Sunday, September 03, 2006

I call this post: The Grass Grows (BGmusic: Without You from Rent)

Missed me?

This week has been like a rollercoaster ride. Not the kind that makes you throw your hands up in the air ecstatically screaming. This ride had me closing my eyes praying it would be over soon. Anyway, it's a new week. Hopefully the ride is over.



News:

For the first time in my college life, I'm dropping a subject. I totally messed up on the first exam. It's not that I didn't study. It's that I had too many exams to study for in one go, so I might have neglected that subject. Anyway, what's done is done. Okay lang yan. Mababawasan problema ko for this sem.

Naramdaman ko lang na mahirap talaga mag-aral. In high school, I could ace the exams without even studying. And now look at me. I have been reduced into a nameless, faceless, major-dropper. Okay lang yan! Aja aja fighting! [Recently watched Full House. Now I understand why so many people were so obsessed with it.]

I overlayed my friendster account. Just really happy with it. [This was what I did to keep my mind off dropping a subject.]

I still haven't emailed Nadia [Jessie's sister]. I don't know what to say, really. Everything I type just looks stupid. I sometimes still find my eyes welling up occasionally when I think of Jessie, but it's not as bad as before. [Last Thursday I almost burst out crying in my Econ102 class. Thankfully, everyone was looking at the prof, and no-one noticed. I think. I hope.]



Oh, before I totally forget about this, I've been tagged.

Once tagged by this entry, write a blog entry of some kind with six random facts about yourself. In the end of it, pick six of your friends and tag them! (No tag backs). This explanation must be included, of course.
  1. My left eye really hurts right now. I think I'm going to lay off the contact lenses for a while - just to give my eyes a rest.
  2. When I turn on the shower, sometimes I just watch the water fall from the showerhead to the floor for the first couple of seconds minutes.
  3. Seeing roadkill makes me want to flail my arms around and scream. Sometimes I do.
  4. I would like to feel what it's like to be a cat. Just so I can know what it's like to be able to purr.
  5. Love songs usually make me feel miserable.
  6. I can't walk in heels because I don't own a pair. I don't own a pair because my sister won't let me wear heels in her presence [she'll look really short next to me if I do].
I tag: Jochie, Mayee, Heneroso, Sorbetera, Yna, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.... Mikmik.




Something that I realized thought a lot about after recieving the news about Jessie last Monday was that life does go on after someone you love dies. Contrary to popular belief, the world does keep on turning. At first I was kind of mad at everything for acting as if nothing had happened. But, as I discovered, you can't stay mad at the world for long.

Life is just so beautiful. Maybe the frailty of it all makes it even more so. And even though some things aren't exactly going my way right now, there are so many things to be thankful for.

Like... the zipper. Have any of you paused and thought what a wonderful invention it is? I've been fiddling with zippers since Monday, just to keep my hands busy, and concluded that whoever invented the zipper was a genius. [If any of you are curious about the origins of the zipper, you can read about it here.]

Wee... Anyway... I hope you all have a great day.