Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I call this post: Broke (BGmusic: Four Leaf Clover by Badly Drawn Boy)

Man, I am penniless. Seriously. I have, like, P1.25 in my wallet. Or something like that. And my allowance isn't gonna come until Friday. How I will survive, I do not know. Bahala na si Batman. Ah, buhay dormer talaga...

Anyway, I'm going to be kind of busy the next couple of days. I have to write some stuff for the EcoSoc paper - first, start the editorial (which is a joint effort of all the editors), then write a social issue piece. I have no idea on what to write about. What social issues are there to write about? Puro gasgas lang yung naiisip ko eh. [If you have any ideas, suggestions are very welcome.]

Today was very hot. And to think that I walked all the way from the Fine Arts building to my dorm (to those of you who don't know, these buildings practically have the whole university in between them). Oh, and I haven't eaten anything. Okay, I've eaten some cookies... Gum... drank some milk... Halls... Basically that's it. Haven't eaten breakfast or lunch. And no, I am not on some kind of diet [ME?! DIET?! HA!]. I didn't wake up in time for breakfast, and I was too tired to have lunch [I slept instead].

Anyhoo, what was I going to say? Ah yes, it was really hot. Only fifteen minutes out of the dorm and I could feel my deodorant starting to break down.

I wish I was in Baguio. In Baguio I only broke into a sweat after running around the track oval, but here I find myself perspiring when I'm just sitting down.

In Baguio my parents are there to feed me and clothe me and give me my allowance every day. Here I get my monthly allowance via ATM and usually end up overspending. So the first half of the month, I'm like this millionaire, and during the latter part of the month I'm gathering up all the leftover change from the corners of my bags to pay for my pamasahe. [Yes, I'm pathetic.]

In Baguio I have my dogs. Here I have these mangy cats that freak out and scratch your shins without warning.

In Baguio I could practice my violin whenever I wanted. Since I got here I haven't been practicing like I used to, because I share my room with three other girls who probably won't appreciate me going over the same etude over and over again. And I consider myself a good roommate, and so I don't impose my playing on them.

In Baguio I had more wardrobe choices - I could wear turtlenecks, leather jackets, long-sleeved sweaters, etc etc. Here, my choices are limited to t-shirts and tank tops.

I guess I'm no Manila girl, and I don't think I ever will be. Although I love my campus, it seems like everything outside of it is still ugly and grey.

Okay lang yan. Uuwi din ako. Hopefully this weekend, but if that doesn't work out, next weekend na lang.

Ah, homesickness. [Sigh.]



On the side: Congratulations to the people who passed the chemistry board exam! Especially to those from UP! We're all so proud of you! [At naramdaman ko na naman na mga abnuy talaga ang mga schoolmates ko - taas ng passing ratio natin, mga isko!]