Sunday, September 24, 2006

I call this post: Blaaarb [BGmusic: Praise You by Fatboy Slim]

Do you ever get annoyed when MTV/Myx/Some other music video channel gets these clueless celebrities to come and pick their top five videos, and you're suddenly bombarded with videos from the likes of Ja Rule and Jessica Simpson?

I do.

So, since I have nothing better to write about, I will make one of my countdowns.

Presenting...

Donya Quixote's Top Five Videos: A Countdown



Ready to Go - Republica - Watch It
You're weird, in tears, too near and too far away,
He said, saw red, went home stayed in bed all day,
Your t'shirt, dish dirt,
Always love the one you hurt
I remember why I love the band Narda so much - their vocalist reminds me of Saffron, the front[girl] of Republica. I love this song - it was my theme song last summer - and I adore the video [they have two more versions of it I think but this one's the best]. It's hip, colorful, and really fun! :D



Turn - Travis - Watch It
I want to sing
To sing my song
I want to live in a world where I belong
There's something about this video and song that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. Perhaps it's the fact that the song brings me back to grade school, when I first heard it. Or maybe it's because it a really, really great song. This is the US version of the video. Most people like the UK version better, but... I don't. Hehe.



King Without a Crown - Matisyahu - Watch It
Strip away the layers and reveal your soul
Got to give yourself up and then you become whole
You're a slave to yourself and you don't even know
You want to live the fast life but your brain moves slow
Eye candy ahead!.



Rome Wasn't Built in A Day - Morcheeba - Watch It
You and me, we're meant to be
Walking free in harmony
One fine day we ll fly away
Don't you know that rome wasn t built in a day
I adore this song. The video's really cute. It's got people suddenly dancing in the streets, running after imaginary friends, and basically taking away all pretentiousness and just letting it all out. I fell in love with this song in the year 2000 - I just had to watch the video once to memorize the lyrics of the chorus. [I finally downloaded the song two years ago.]



And the Number One Spot Goes To...


Don't Speak - No Doubt
CAN YOU BELIEVE YOUTUBE DOESN'T HAVE THIS VIDEO?!
I really feel
That I'm losing my best friend
I can't believe
This could be the end
It looks as though you're letting go
And if it's real
Well I don't want to know
As many of you may know, this song was inspired by the breakup of Tony Kanal [the hot bassist] and Gwen Stefani. The video doesn't revolve around that theme, but I love the way the boys look when they're all pouty and jealous of Gwen. The whole thing's just so honest, you can't help but love it.

And I love it when Tony Kanal looks sad. Or happy. Or angry. Teehee. ^_^



That's it! I hope you like the videos. It was kind of hard for me to pick five - there were some that I really wanted to include, like Stop by the Spice Girls and Burning Down The House by Tom Jones and The Cardigans... but I had to control myself from making a Top Ten list.

Okay, your turn. What's your favorite music video? [Be careful with your choices. I will mock you if it's really horrible. Bwahahaha.]