Friday, July 07, 2006

Wow. I am amazed. I have finally attracted hate-mail for the first time. Techinically, I wouldn't call it hate-mail cause it was in my comments, but I don't know what term you have for hate-comments (?). Spam? Nah. Aanyway, the weird thing is, I didn't think my previous post was particulary offensive. Maybe my post about being exasperated with Pacquiao. Or even my anti-emo post back in my old blog. But not me being annoyed with some girls at my org because they made fun of some of our applicants. (Read it. I still don't get how it could be offensive. Unless you happen to be a member of my org. And you like making making up really rude nicknames for people who don't dress, talk, and act like you. Oh dear, panu kung ganun nga? Tun-tun-tuuuuun...)

I don't get it. And yes, to whoever commented, I have read To Kill A Mockingbird.

And strangely enough, I'm not mad. Slightly offended, but not mad. When you're told to "get over yourself" and you're not in the least bit offended, there must be something wrong with you.

Look at the bright side - if I'm attracting hate-comments (what the HECK is the right term?), that means that I'm attracting readers of all shapes, sizes, and reading comprehension levels. [Eye for an eye, baby. Haha.]

That aside, I had my beloved FA 28 class awhile ago. The class is so interesting I can't help but share a little bit of it. (Only a little, promise. If I share all the interesting little tidbits I picked up, your eyes might glaze over from all the names and dates.)

This is Insurrection! (Our tools were Rudimentary, Yet We Pressed On) by Kara Walker, an American artist. She cut the paper black figures (her trademark) and pasted them on the white walls. The backgrounds are light projections.

Basta, ang galing. When Kara Walker makes a statement, she sure does it with style.

Ngayon, kilala na ninyo si Kara Walker. When people ask you who your favorite artist, say Kara Walker, and you'll sound ten times more intellectual than you really are. :D