Monday, July 03, 2006

I wasn't able to post yesterday because of my full schedule. [What can I say? I'm a popular girl.]

Anyway, I have finally set foot on the much-talked-about SM Mall of Asia. My verdict? It's big, but other than that, it's just like any other SM mall. I'm not saying that the place was 100% horrible [ows?], it's just that I wasn't impressed. The view was gorgeous, and it almost seemed like a crime to me to put that huge white mall beside the sea. They could have attempted to make it look less like an invader, but no. Oh, well, that's life in the Philippines. Develop all the open space in the country until the whole nation is filled with identical white malls. Who needs trees? And [ick] grass? Give us more malls! The people want more malls I tell you! The more space it occupies, the better!

Yes, I am bitter because no-one wants to watch the new Superman movie with me on the IMAX theatre. It's in freaking 3D! Who would be crazy enough to pass on something like that? Apparentely, aaaall my friends. And even my sister. Why? Whyyyy? [Damn you Salazaaaaar!]

And now... onto sports. [*defensive* What? I do know about sports, ex-squeeze me.]

Brazil is out. *Japanese* Unburibaburah! (translation: Unbelievable!)

Manny Pacquiao won.
[And here I am, announcing it as if there's a Filipino in the country who doesn't know about it.] You know what this means. More endorsments. More billboards. More commercials. You're probably all sick of him as well, so I'm going to shut up now, because everywhere you turn, on every channel/newspaper/magazine, he's there, and it wouldn't be a very nice thing to find that he has also invaded my blog, now would it? [To Manny fans, I'm sorry, but - my gawd - he has his own album!]

Shutting up, shutting up.

*inhales* Okay.

Stat 101 is driving me crazy. Today's the deadline for our problem sets and the last problem is really bugging me. I'm placing it here, just in case some of you freaks... er... exceptionally smart people [hehe] want to solve it.

A property insurer with a large number of policies identifies the level of damage when a claim occurs as low, medium or high. 30% of claims received are low damage claims, 60% are medium and 10% are high. Out of three independently occurring claims on the insurer, what is the probability of at least one is a high damage claim?
<voice mode="rage"> DI BA TEN PERCENT LANG ANG SAGOT?! BAT ANG SIMPLE? BAKIT?! HINDI PWEDENG TEN PERCENT LANG ANG SAGOT! IT'S TOO EASY! FRRRIIIIIIIIICKIIIIIIING FRICKITY! </voice>

If, one of you freaks... er... exceptionally smart people [hehe] know the answer, and it is NOT ten percent, don't share your answers [however wonderful they may be] with me, and just tell me, "Yes, you got the right answer. Don't worry about your grade. You'll pass Stat101 with flying colors. Even though your professor has you blacklisted and hates your guts."

<voice mode="rage"> FRRRRIIIIIIIIIICKIIIIIIIIIIIING FRICKITY! </voice>
Plug: Oh, I'm so proud of my brother. He updated his blog. Hehehehe, la lang. Sharing moment.